Maintenance and Cleaning
Many of our dealers and their customers have enquired about maintaining and cleaning their Dracme mantels. Here are some rules of thumb:
• Because our products are sealed at the factory, there is no regular maintenance schedule suggested or required.
• Just dust or vacuum the mantel as you would any other piece of fine furniture; this will not only keep the mantel looking like new, it should also handle most basic stains or smudge marks.
• For any smearing that cannot be removed by a drop of clear dishwashing liquid on a damp cloth, just break out the 80-grit sandpaper and gently sand away the stain. Our product is the same material through and through and not a veneer, so the area that has been sanded will not look any different than the rest of the surface area.
• In very difficult cases where intense sanding actually removes some of the sealant, we will gladly supply you or your customer with a bottle of sealant and instructions for its application.
• And lastly, for extreme cases of negligence you can resort to sandblasting the mantel to bring back its original color and finish.
View other Frequently Asked Questions